Refrigerators are a necessary home appliance in every Indian household, and it is impossible to imagine a house without a refrigerator. The climate of the country and most of the Indian cities is what makes refrigerators a compulsory appliance. The humid as well as hot climate, can damage food products before time if they are kept outside for long. The kind of refrigerator you should have at your home completely depends on you.
Best Double Door Refrigerator Under 30000
Panasonic is one of the most popular as well as reputed manufacturers of electronic appliances that use Japanese technology. You can definitely expect the best from this refrigerator brand. This 335L model is one of the best refrigerators that Panasonic is offering because of its stellar features. The refrigerator has an inverter compressor that operates according to temperature, usage pattern, and cooling demands, which is why this refrigerator saves electricity without making any noise.
It uses a technology called AG-Clean technology that prevents molds and destroys 99.9 percent of all germs and bacteria. There is a technology for humidity control as well, and the feature for surround cooling ensures uniform distribution of cold air. The vegetable box is moisture-retaining and protects the foot items from dehydration. The shelves can be adjusted according to height to make room for more storage. The glass shelves are tough enough to hold at least 100 kgs worth of items.
- Very hygienic for food items.
- Storage options are very impressive.
- Ice trays are movable for extra storage space.
- Energy-efficient and saves power.
- Incompatible with regular home inverters.
- It does not have a voltage stabilizer.
This is one of the best from the line of convertible double door refrigerators manufactured by Whirlpool. The Whirlpool 292L is perfect for the price range you prefer as it comes with some remarkable and outstanding features. You can easily convert the deep freezer into a regular fridge and save up further on power. This is easy only because the fridge chamber and the freezer have separate systems for cooling.
The refrigerator is also frost-free. The “Intellisense” inverter technology that the refrigerator uses helps in sensing the temperatures, load along with usage patterns. During power cuts, the inverter makes sure that chillness inside the refrigerator is maintained for a considerable amount of time. Zeolite technology makes sure that excessive ripening of fruits is prevented.
- Flexible in nature because of its convertible feature.
- It keeps fruits as well as vegetables fresh for 15 days.
- It saves power because of the inverter compressor.
- The refrigerator works with your home inverter.
- It does not have an inbuilt stabilizer.
This 260 liters refrigerator from the reputed LG company is worth the amount you want to spend in buying a top-class double door refrigerator. All LG appliances come with the best set of features, and this refrigerator is no less in comparison. LG refrigerators always have a compressed inverter that is both smart and efficient. The cooling technology that the LG 260L uses is called “Ice Beam Door” cooling, which ensures that there is even distribution of cold air inside the refrigerator.
As the refrigerator works perfectly with a home inverter, you do not have to be worried about your food items getting stale due to prolonged power cuts. You can store 2-liter water bottles as there is enough space in the door. The refrigerator has a function called Smart Diagnosis that helps in detecting any problem without any hassle.
- Vegetables and fruits remain fresh for a long time.
- It detects any problem quickly with the Smart Diagnosis option.
- Uniform cooling.
- Humidity is controlled.
- It has some complaints about poor customer service.
Samsung is one of the leading brands that manufacture high quality home and electrical appliances. The Samsung 253L refrigerator is both energy efficient as well as durable and has a stunning metal finish and a lot of great features. It is one of the best on our list because of its combination of fair value and quality performance.
The inverter compressor used in this refrigerator is digitally advanced, and cooling is automatically adjusted, thereby ensuring the longevity of the fridge. If the voltage fluctuates or increases frequently, the refrigerator automatically cuts off the power to prevent damage. The Cool pack feature of the refrigerator keeps your food fresh for at least 12 hours. The rapid cooling feature makes cooling faster than usual. The Door Alarm feature alerts you whenever the door is left open or not closed properly for more than two minutes.
- The shelves slide easily.
- It has a 4-star rating by BEE.
- It manages moisture efficiently.
- Cooling is even and uniform.
- The vegetable box is much smaller.
Haier is also one of the best companies that manufacture home appliances as well as refrigerators and has been the most trusted company for more than a hundred years. This refrigerator from Haier comes in different colors and is very aesthetic and sleek in design. There are five modes of conversion in this refrigerator, and you can store and organize your items of food without thinking about the refrigeration requirements of each item.
The vegetable box is big enough to hold a large number of vegetables and keep them fresh at the same time. It has twin inverter modes that help save 15 percent energy in one mode and 30 percent on the other. The refrigerator door has Polyurethane (PUF) insulation, which helps in retaining low temperatures for efficient cooling. The ice trays are movable to make way for additional space, and the refrigerator has a door lock.
- The shelves are made of tough glass and can withstand large pots.
- It does not need a stabilizer because it can operate with low power.
- It has a rating of 3 stars.
- Large and substantial capacity.
- Storage space might not be enough for large families.
If you want to buy a refrigerator that is simple to use, reliable, and can be easily maintained, then you should definitely go for Godrej as they are a very reputable brand in India. With easy maintenance, the Godrej 236 L is a 2-star refrigerator that comes with a set of stunning features and is perfect for you if you are looking for something that is worth your money and is durable. Besides offering excellent performance, this Godrej refrigerator is also perfect for your modern kitchen.
The usability of the refrigerator is perfect, and that is the major attraction of this product. The major importance of refrigerators for Indian users is for storing vegetables and keeping them fresh, and this refrigerator provides ample space for vegetable and fruit storage. The space for water bottles and other items in the door is also large enough, and the glass shelves are tough to hold heavy things.
- Tough and durable glass shelves.
- The Colour combination is quite unique.
- Stunning design.
- Suitable and perfect for modular kitchens.
- After-sales support is not commendable.
If you want a refrigerator that is not only great in looks but is worth the value of the money you are willing to spend, then this Whirlpool refrigerator is the perfect choice for you. The build quality of the refrigerator is unmatched, the features are top-notch, the service post-sales is efficient, and so is the customer support. The airflow is circular, which helps in cooling effectively and keeps your ice-cream fresh as it should be.
It uses “Microblock” technology to prevent bacterial or germ growth and retains the freshness of vegetables and fruits. The air tower is designed scientifically to distribute cold air evenly in the fridge. There is a chilling gel that keeps the refrigerator cold long after prolonged power cuts, and the honeycomb design of the vegetable crisper controls the moisture.
- Slim looks and stunning design.
- It offers ten years warranty on the compressor.
- Ice twister for convenient collection of ice cubes.
- It comes with a Freshonizer, which minimizes oxidation.
- Not enough for more prominent families.
This frost-free and 3-star refrigerator comes from the house of Bosch, which is a reputed company that manufactures home appliances of higher quality. So, if you want to buy a refrigerator that cuts down on power consumption and is technologically advanced, then this refrigerator is the correct choice for you. The metallic finish of the door gives an elegant look to your modern kitchen, and the capacity of the refrigerator is enough for a large family, and you can store all food items that need to be kept fresh.
The extraordinary VarioInverter compressor is helpful in adjusting to the present conditions of the refrigerator- inside as well as outside. There is a Holiday mode that detects the refrigerator’s usage automatically and goes into a power-saving mode after eight hours. There are six smart sensors for energy-saving and keeps the fridge cool even 16 hours after a power cut.
- The circulation of cold air is uniform.
- It maintains freshness.
- It has filters for keeping the air fresh that neutralizes foul odors.
- The refrigerator is cold even after a 16 hours long power cut.
- Shelf access is convenient.
- Not convertible.
This Panasonic refrigerator is one of the best double-door refrigerators that caters to user comfort and provides greater freshness. The stellar design of this refrigerator adds an elegant look to modern kitchen cabinetry. What makes this refrigerator desirable is its broad list of features. The compressor technology uses ECONAVI sensors to detect usage conditions, after which they are analyzed by a microprocessor. The inverter system memorizes three weeks of usage pattern and predicts further usage.
There is a manual control for humidity, which you can adjust according to the type and amount of vegetables you store. The surround cooling feature makes sure that every item inside the refrigerator is uniformly cooled. Constant temperature and ideal humidity are maintained within the vegetable box to keep fruits and vegetables juicy and fresh for a long time. The Silver air and AG filter helps in destroying 99.9 percent of mold as well as bacteria and ensures that your food remains fresh and the nutrients are intact.
- The cooling sensor is smart.
- The refrigerator is extremely energy efficient.
- It has Deodorising and anti-bacterial features.
- The glass shelves are very tough.
- It offers 12 years warranty on the compressor.
- This refrigerator is not convertible.
This is another exceptional refrigerator from Haier and comes with a double inverter compressor that helps in providing efficient cooling without wasting much power. It has an “8-in-1” convertible mode so that you can easily turn the deep freezer into a regular refrigerator according to your need. The front of the refrigerator has a fine steel finish, and the glass shelves are also very elegant.
The shelves are very sturdy as well as spill-free and can withstand some heavy items without breaking. The refrigerator has a powerful cooling system as it does not take much time to cool any food item so that you do not have to wait for that chilled glass of Coca-Cola. The compressor and the fan operate at different speeds to adjust to the load so that it can save power while providing the best performance.
- The capacity is quite high within this range.
- The design is ergonomic and combines durability and power.
- It can work without a stabilizer.
- It offers ten years warranty on the compressor.
- Haier has fewer service centers.
Benefits of Using Double Door Refrigerators
If you want to purchase a refrigerator in India, you will come across both single and double-door refrigerators in the market. The primary difference between the two is that the single door ones are more suitable for couples or a family of not more than three members. There are several benefits of having a double door refrigerator, especially the ones which are convertible.
- Capacity: It is evident that double door refrigerators have a much larger space for storage than the single door ones. Most double door fridges have a capacity of more than 250 liters, which is enough for a family of five or six people.
- More Cooling: Maintaining hygiene is one of the primary features of these refrigerators, and that is why it uses advanced technology to ensure that every food item in the fridge is uniformly cooled. Food can be preserved for a much longer time in these refrigerators.
- Frost-Free: You might have noticed that the old single door refrigerators had one horrible problem, and that is defrosting. There was no way to maintain the temperature of the deep freezer, and the food items were frozen beyond recovery. But in this case, the double door refrigerators use smart technology that prevents massive ice formation in the freezer.
Maintenance Tips for Double Door Refrigerators
You can make sure that your double door fridge works perfectly for a long time. There are certain things that you can do to ensure their durability.
1) Door seals must be checked: If the door seal of your fridge is loose, then it will use more power and waste electricity. You should always repair flexible door seals by professionals at the right time.
2) Check the coil: You should always make sure that the Condenser coil is cleaned and checked at least twice a year. Accumulation of dust on the coil will hamper the efficient working of the refrigerator.
3) Gasket must be checked: The refrigerator will consume more power if the gasket is improperly sealed, and the cold air will escape. If the gasket is damaged, you must get it replaced as soon as possible.
4) Setting the right temperature: In double door refrigerators, you can set different temperatures for the regular fridge and the freezer. Therefore, you should make sure that the optimal temperature is set.
Buying Guide for the Best Double Door Refrigerator
Now that we have discussed some of the maintenance tips and advantages of a double door fridge, let’s get into the factors that you should consider before buying one:
The capacity of any refrigerator is always indicated in liters, and that is why the higher the number of liters, the more space for storage. A double door fridge has a storage capacity ranging from 235 liters to 495 liters. If you don’t want to run out of storage space and if you have a large family, then a double door fridge is perfect for you.
We recommend that you choose refrigerators that have Inverter compressors as this kind of technology helps the compressor to function at various speeds according to the cooling load. This feature allows you to save 20 to 30 percent of electricity. So, while making your next purchase, make sure to choose your refrigerator accordingly.
Most double door fridges have this function, and this is the most important of all the other features of a double door. With the help of this function, you can change the deep freezer into a regular fridge within no time if you want some more storage space. Neither less to say, any convertible refrigerator can always come handy.
This is an essential factor to consider if you want to know how much power or electricity will be consumed by your refrigerator. A 5-star BEE rating means that your fridge is much more efficient than one with a 1 star. Usually, three stars or 4-star ratings are enough if you want something affordable as well as energy-efficient.
If you have too many voltage fluctuations in the area that you reside in, then you should buy a double door fridge that has a stabilizer that is built-in. This feature in a refrigerator will make sure that your refrigerator is not damaged in any way when the voltage goes up or down.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is buying a convertible refrigerator better and more viable?
A convertible fridge is definitely a viable choice since you can adjust the temperature of the deep freezer and the regular fridge according to your needs. On the other hand, if you want additional space to store more food items, then convertible refrigerators let you transform the freezer into a standard fridge completely.
2) What is the size of the deep freezer in a double door fridge?
The majority of the double door fridges in India have a ratio of 80:20 for the refrigerator and deep freezer, respectively. The reason behind this is that many Indian are completely vegetarians and they usually look for refrigerators which come with a larger vegetable compartment. You can never find a fridge with a 50:50 ratio in India.
3) Is cooling better in a double door refrigerator?
Absolutely. Double door fridges have the capacity to cool faster because they have electrical fans. These refrigerators can make freeze ice in just an hour. Single door fridges use the process of natural convection, and that is why they take more time to cool down food items. They may take more than two hours to make ice.
4) How long can vegetables stay fresh in a double door refrigerator?
Since all double door fridges use advanced technology and are frost-free, the freshness of fruits or green vegetables is retained for a much longer time than the single door ones. The vegetable compartment is made in a way so that the moisture inside it is always balanced by locking the moisture that otherwise might get evaporated. So, you should definitely choose a double door refrigerator because they have larger vegetable boxes and can keep vegetables fresh for up to 10 or sometimes even 15 days.
So, it is evident that double door refrigerators are more convenient and are quite profitable if you want to buy a fridge for the long term. This guide will help you to choose the right and the best double door for you that can not only provide a solution to your refrigeration needs but also add a certain touch of elegance to your modern kitchen and your house as a whole.
With the help of the features and specifications that are mentioned under each and every product and the comprehensive guide to buying a double door fridge, you will be able to choose the best product that is worth your money.